Monday, December 19, 2005

Ohio's Kevin Rigg Reports

I just wanted to thank all the enthusiastic and supportive people who help to make the HUFF an outstanding experience! If it were not for the volunteers this race would not be the great event that it is!

Five years ago I ran the one lap fun-run and was bitten by the ultra-bug.

I did not fully appreciate the ultra experience but I was very much intrigued by it. It was the HUFF of 2000 and I didn't comprehend how people could run that far in the snow or why they'd want to; I certainly didn't! But I remember admiring their courage, enthusiasm and strength while running in those conditions. And that I knew I wanted to be a part of that sort of thing somehow. It took me four more years to finally attempt a 50k.

This was my first HUFF but my fourth 50k, and I must say that it has been the most satisfying finish of them all.

Hats off to Mitch Harper and the whole HUFF gang!

Most sincerely,
Kevin Rigg

Reply: Kevin, your comments are very much appreciated.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?